Leupp at a glance
Population — 951 at the 2010 Census
History — Francis E. Leupp (which Leupp was named after) grew up around the Little Colorado River, where early residents planted corn, beans and squash on the flood plain. After a series of floods in the 1940s, the town was moved to higher ground at its present location on N-15. Leupp was also the very first Navajo chapter, and comprises the southwestern corner of the Navajo Nation.
Attractions — Grand Falls, Sunrise Trading Post, near to Twin Arrows Casino
Land area — 303,746 acres
Industries — El Paso Natural Gas and the Transwestern Pipeline have facilities here, and Tooh Diné Industries manufactures circuit boards.
“Promote and empower sustainable communities through Navajo values of K’e and T’aa hwõ aji t’eego”.
“To provide quality services and opportunities by strengthening local stewardship and building positive partnerships for future generations”.
The Grand Falls
**ATTENTION GRAND FALLS VISITORS: Please be respectful of the beautiful land when visiting. Do not litter. Do not off-road. Do not chase the livestock. Do not speed on the dirt roads. No ATV’s allowed. No camping. No alcohol. Ahe’hee’ (Thank you).**
No permits are required to visit/hike the Grand Falls.
The Grand Falls only flows during the monsoon season.
- Community Heating Resource Program Coal tickets are available at the Leupp Chapter. (Limited Supply)
- Leupp Chapter giving our wood permits to Leupp registered voter. (Limited Supply)
- ADMINISTRATION WILL BE CLOSE NOVEMBER 18, 2021 8:00AM TO 5:00PM
- FRIDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2021 Administrative Leave for 2 hours 8:00am to 10:00am
- Leupp Chapter is hiring for:
- Office Specialist @ $11.00/hour
- Custodian @ 10.50/hour
- Equipment Operator @ $13.00/hour
- Labors @ $10.50/hour
- You can download applicaton on leupp website or come to the Chapter and pick up application. Please attached all required documents with application
- Leupp Housing Discretionary is still open closing date 11/26/2021 @ 5:00pm
- Please have all required documents when turning in application.
- You may submit all application fax @ 928-686-3226 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leupp Chapter Scholarship is still opened closing date 11/26/2021 @ 5:00pm.
- Please have all required documents when turning in application
- You may submit all application by fax @ 928-686-3226 or email @ email@example.com
Teleconference Call-In Number: 1-857-232-0357 Pin: 779091
Planning Meeting: Monday, November 1, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. DST
Regular Chapter Meeting: Monday, November 15, 2021 @ 3:00 p.m. MST
Sales & Service hours
- Leupp Chapter Administration is now accepting trash.
- Administration is back in service for livestock water deliveries.
- Water well is back in service as of 10/4/2021
8:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Closed for Lunch 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM
Leupp Chapter is the First Established Navajo Nation Chapter and home to The Grand Falls.
Celebrating our 90th Anniversary!
Navajo Nation Officials
Navajo Nation President
Navajo Nation Vice-President
Thomas Walker, Jr.
Council Delegate (Birdsprings,
Cameron, Leupp and Tolani Lake)